All PADI Instructors who have certified at least 25 PADI Divers and have earned at least five PADI Specialty Instructor certifications can be Master Scuba Diver Trainers.
The PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer rating sets you apart as a dive instructor who takes continuing education seriously and is committed to teaching a variety of courses. Being an MSDT signifies that you’ve got the experience and certifications to offer all the training a diver needs to become a Master Scuba Diver – the ultimate recreational diver rating.
The MSDT instructor level is the next step in the progression of the new dive instructor (OWSI). The instructor selects diving specialties to become certified to teach. These specialty instructor classes provide the new instructors with specialty dive experience as well as valuable teaching tips. Each of these classes trains the students how to organize, promote, and conduct the respective class.
This rating is the next step up the professional ladder and is a prerequisite for IDC Staff Instructor as well as for many TecRec Instructor ratings.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be certified to teach the following classes:
- Deep Diver: Train divers in the safe methods and proper procedures for conducting dives to deeper depths.
- Enriched Air Diver: Train divers in the safe techniques for diving with enriched gas mixtures.
- Emergency Oxygen Provider: Train others in the proper administration of oxygen during emergency situations.
- Search & Recovery Diver: Train divers in the procedures to locate and surface objects lost underwater.
- Underwater Navigator: Train divers in underwater navigation techniques to allow them to conduct dives that are more complex.
Substitutions: Students may choose to swap any or all of the above courses with the course listed below for an additional fee, listed here, plus material cost. See individual course descriptions here
Who is this for:
PADI Scuba Instructors who would like to offer specialty courses to their customers and PADI Instructors who need to improve their resume.
What does it cost:
$1,164.60 + PADI Application Fees
- Deep Crewpack, Manual and DVD – 60016
- EO2 Crewpack– 60032
- SAR Crewpack, Manual and DVD– 60160
- Enriched Air Crewpack DC Sim and DVD – 70480
- UW Navigator Crewpack, Manual and DVD – 60025
What is included:
Five specialty Instructor Courses
- Deep Instructor
- Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor
- Enriched Air Instructor
- Search and Recovery Instructor
- Underwater Navigation Instructor
Interested in more info, contact us: